So, Ebony @ Longing4Length.com is hosting a protective styling challenge and I have decided to join! I briefly talked about it and my take on protective styling in this post a few weeks ago. Because of the progress I've made with little to no protective styling, I am excited about how much will come from doing this. It will last for three months, from January 7th - April 15th. Here are the rules of the challenge:
- A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing. Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
- You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total! Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
- Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
- Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
- Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
- You are not excluding from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.
I've just been bunning so far this week, but I am planning on doing my first DIY 3/4 wig to try out soon. While I'm sure the YouTubers I've been watching make it look easier than it actually is, I'm pretty crafty so I think (hope) I can make it happen. Other than that, I'm just hoping to find some more creativity for styling. Here are some protective styles I've tried out in the past:
Aside from my hair goals for this challenge, since I am SO very new to blogging, I am hoping it helps me post more frequently as well as venture out more in the blogsphere. We will see what happens!
Here is my starting length pic:
|pic from the day after Christmas|