Here are the steps I took:
- Since I wasn't up for the full pre-poo shower cap treatment, I put a little Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner and grapeseed oil in my hair. Twisted it up into a "crown" and went on my way.
- Once I got home, I hopped in the shower and shampooed. Once with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo and once with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo (both sulfate-free).
- I do black tea rinses a bit differently than most people. I make about two cups and fill a spray bottle with it. I also saturate my hair/scalp with it before I apply my deep conditioner(s).
- I like to mix several conditioners together for deep conditioning. No serious theory behind it, but my hair loves it.Today, I was more protein focused in preparation for my relaxer next week. I put a shower cap on and sat under my bonnet dryer for about an hour. It was probably in my hair another 30 minutes before I got to rinsing.
- After I rinsed and detangled in the shower, I did a final rinse with apple cider vinegar (1st time!) and cool water.
- I sit a towel on my head and squeeze a little to soak up the excess water. I cover it with a t-shirt for maybe 15 minutes or so. Then I apply my leave-in conditioners.
|(top left) Black tea, (top right) Deep Condition Mix, (bottom) 3 sections I keep my hair in during wash day|
I let my hair air dry today. I haven't quite gotten the hang of nice smooth air dried hair techniques yet. I'm 9 weeks post relaxer so even if it didn't turn out nice it's okay. I have a serious amount of new growth and just plan on bunning or doing a twist out for the week. My hair felt really soft after it was dry. I think the ACV rinse was successful, but I'm going to keep doing it for awhile before I give an official verdict.