|Instagram pic of the day :)|
Even though we're about half-way through September, I figured I should just go ahead and list some goals I have already had in mind this month. This way I'll have something to compare and assess come October when I set new goals. I want to start small with some hair goals and a couple others that will probably also help with my hair (lol). Baby steps. There are some things I do that are great, but they have not become regular habits yet. I would like to be more consistent with these kinds of things. So without further adieu, here are my goals for this month:
- Moisturize and seal my hair [at least] 4 times a week. Right now, I moisturize and seal when I think about it. Awful, I know. Or when my hair feels dry, which I don't think is good because I think its better not to let your hair get dry. I would like to be proactive not reactive.
- Henna my hair. I actually bought some henna powder back in April. Yet I haven't taken the time to find a good recipe I like and finally do it! I have been wanting to try this for a long time. I'm sure I already have all the ingredients I need, too.
- Trim my own ends. My bone straight relaxed ends are starting to look pretty scarce to me. I hate thin ends! I used to trim my ends myself regularly because I love fresh ends and didn't like my layers to grow out too much. However, once I started wanting to grow my hair out and realized my "trims" could sometimes be more like cuts, I put a ban on my use of hair scissors. I think it's time to lift the ban.
- Use my growth aid every other day. I have a sulfur based growth oil by Liquid Gold. I got it last year after reading about it all over Hairlista. I probably used it for about a month consistently. Even though I felt it had good results, I haven't been consistent since.
- Drink [at least] 54oz of water daily. I have a water bottle I carry with me almost everywhere. It's 27oz. There are some days I drink the whole thing 3x and others I barely get through it once. I would like to start drinking it at least 2x daily consistently. Then I can graduate to higher levels.
- Exercise 2-3x a week. I used to exercise regularly. Then I moved and...well... I don't anymore.
- Post to my blog [at least] 3x a week. Enough said.
There you have it. Seven [small-ish] goals. Most of which I have already been working to achieve. Hopefully this will help me become more consistent and make my goals more attainable.