Wash Day x2

I pretty much repeated the exact same steps this week that I did last week for my wash days - hence my wash day times two. I went on a road trip vacay last week, and obviously, didn't blog. I flexi-rod set my hair both times and about the only thing I changed was the way went about setting it. I used bigger sections this week in an attempt to create bigger curls, which didn't happen, but I still had a head full of curls nonetheless!

{1} Divided my hair into 3 sections. I can enjoy not having too many sections when I don't have a lot of new growth.

{2} Pre-poo: My mix has been pretty consistent for awhile now. Mainly because I am trying to use up the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Moisturizing conditioner does a great job in this stage. So I use it with grape seed and coconut oils. Put on a plastic cap & scarf overnight.

{3} Shampooed with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisturizing diluted in my applicator bottle.

{4} Towel wrapped my hair for about 15 mins to soak up the excess water.

{5} Deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing and Tresemme Naturals conditioners. I put on a plastic cap and sat under my bonnet dryer for about 30 minutes then it was awhile before I actually went to go rinse it out.

{6} Rinsed with cool water followed by an ACV rinse, which I did not rinse out.

{7} Towel wrapped my hair again for about 20 minutes to soak up excess water

{8} Applied my leave-ins (Elasta QP Feels Like Silk H2 & Organix Anti-Breakage Coconut Milk) and detangled section by section.

week 1 results

{9} I put the flexi-rods in vertically, section by section also. Before rolling my hair on each rod, I applied Shea Moisture Frizz-Free Curl Mousse to my hair. I used about 25 rods last week and 19 this week. Not a big difference, I know.

{10} Last week, I let my hair air dry on the road trip. It was probably about 12 hours before it was completely dry. Yea... if I wasn't in a car or sleep that whole time I never would have been okay waiting that long for my hair to dry. So this week, I sat under my bonnet dryer for about an hour. What a difference! Granted, my hair wasn't as wet this time, but still, that's pretty significant. 

My failed attempt to get bigger curls made me decide I need to just buy some bigger flexi-rods or try with my magnetic rollers next time. My roots ended up somewhat puffy since I couldn't get the bigger sections as tight as I normally do. I put on a hat yesterday to cover up flatten them down some. I was pretty pleased with my wash day results both times. I totally planned to start protective styling again in July, but I am really enjoying my roller sets so I'm not sure when I'll be ready to put my hair away again at this point. 

Week 2 results


Powered by Blogger.